Doing a lot of events in one day can be hard on the mind. Try not to lose focus if something doesn’t go as planned. Refocus and do your best in the next event.
Athletics New Brunswick Seeking Director of Run Jump Throw Wheel & First Contact Programs
Athletics New Brunswick is seeking an energetic leader who will work in partnership with staff and volunteers to expand and enhance the First Contact & Fundamentals programs in Athletics (Track & Field) in the Province of New Brunswick. The ideal candidate is committed to working on a day to day basis with athletics clubs, schools and community organizations. The goal will be to involve and engage young people ages 6+ in physical activity and particularly the sport of track and field through the Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel program. This is a full-time, 3-year contract position that, provided all criteria and standards are met, can evolve into a long term position including renewals.
The person will be based in Saint John, NB and expected to contribute to expanding participation in our sport within the province of New Brunswick to achieve involvement of over 15000 youth annually. Evening and weekend work is expected as well as some provincial travel. This position reports to the Technical Director of Athletics NB.
Key roles and responsibilities of the position include:
Director of Run Jump Throw Wheel & First Contact Programs
- Responsible for delivery of training for instructors, direct program delivery and building community relationships around the province in order to expand the RJTW programs and similar grass roots programming.
- Organize and plan the growth and expansion of the RJTW Series competitions for ages 12 and under in New Brunswick
- Assist with the support and expansion of youth road racing events in conjunction with Run NB.
- Assist with and support all ANB programming aimed at expanding youth participation in athletics for New Brunswick.
This position is financially supported through a 1 year commitment by the Province of New Brunswick and 3 year commitments from Athletics Canada, Athletics NB and the Saint John Track Club.
- University Degree / Community College Certificate
- Post-secondary focus in Education, Recreation and/or Kinesiology.
- Coaching Certification or experience in youth programs through leadership/coaching
- Competence in both official languages is required. Knowledge of Long Term Athlete Development and the Canadian Sport for Life framework
- Experience that will be considered valuable:
- A proven interest and track record of working with children in education or sport
- Has filled coaching positions on provincial or national teams.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at the community, club and/or high school level.
- Experience with either track & field and/or Para athletes would be valuable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills and a proven ability to work independently
Please send your resume and cover letter to Gabe Leblanc via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Salary will commensurate with education and experience. Deadline for application is July 31, 2015.